View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
LoveAllGone

I have to disagree and say that, IMO, forgiving and chances go hand in hand...I would have to be willing to forgive you for whatever it is that was done for me to be willing to give you another chance. I continously forgave my XAH until I literally got to the point where there was simply no forgiveness left in me for him. I guess everyone sees things differently but I always forgave him and wiped the slate clean to let him try again--only to know he would fall. I never forgot those things he done to me and I never will.

I still haven't forgiven him to this day and it's going to take a while before I can and be ok with that. I plan on honestly forgiving him someday but right now it's that bitter resentment that's keeping me strong. I know this probably sounds crazy but I have to hold on to all the bad stuff for awhile to be able to look him in the eye and not feel "pity" for him in which I was confusing for love.

I know they say forgive a person or they hold power over you...well, he holds power over me either way and until I get stronger in my recovery as a codie--I need the bad stuff there as a constant reminder to just how bad it actually was.