Old 04-19-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Himee

Are you ready to get sober? Sounds like you have great support. Your parents may not understand how you feel but love you and are willing to go to great lengths to help you get better. I am now 10 days sober and it has been the hardest thing I've ever gone through. I have chronic back pain but had TONS of stress the last year and after 7 years of taking pain meds and being able to control the amount I take I found myself running out of my scripts early. My stress caused more pain and the cycle got vicious. I was up to 10-15 30mg oxycodones a day for about 6 months. I cut back once I realized the oxy was causing more damage then pain relief. It took me 2 months to finally make the leap and get sober! I was honest with my doctor who has been amazing helping me in every way she could. My family has been awesome also. But the part of feeling all alone has been the hardest part. I spend hours on this website everyday and hardly ever post. But it's my support group for now. Make sure you're ready and honest about getting sober before your parents spend a ton of money on rehab. I wish you luck and hope you feel the same way I do about this website. It's been my lifeline the last 10 days