View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 11:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Spybee007

Hey All - First let me say, thanks so much for the support and responses.. I greatly appreciate that.

Update; I have been sober for 2 days now.. Yes, it's been super hard getting off work and not getting beer, seems so boring and depressing. I've downloaded some good movies and notice if I can make it not drinking from the time I get home (around 6pm) to around 9pm, after that I don't crave it.. weird I know. Also, the weekend is coming up and I know that will be tougher to handle. I'm thinking about going fly fishing or spending time at the parent's house to keep busy and out away from the apartment or as I know it my private pub.

No physical symptoms so far, I am a little down and irritable, still partly cloudy in my mind. I don't wake up with side pain and physically feeling a lot better!

I know AA was mentioned a lot, is something I don't want to do if I don't have to.. I hate obligations for some reason and I remember when I was going before, was getting pressured to come every night.. just can't do that, maybe once a week would be good. The other aspect is the religious part, It felt like I was at church.. maybe was the particular group I was at.. I heard someone in here say there was an AA more geared for the Athiest/Agnostic/non-religious crowd.. might have to look into that for Denver area.

Anyways, until then I'm happy coming to this site and staying inspired thanks to all the good people on here