View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Originally Posted by kayellelove4 View Post
I want to have a family so bad. I keep telling myself that he is the perfect person for me when he's sober, and he might be. But it's like I'm in a relationship with two different people at the moment...and the drunk one I wouldn't trust around my kids!

Another way of looking at this is that you are in something that pretends to be a relationship with a drunk. The rest is a hopeful fantasy of the man you want and need him to be.

I can't stop thinking "WHY ISN'T LOVE ENOUGH?!?!?!?!?" Will anything ever be enough?
That's your ego talking.

I can appreciate that you want a family and it sounds like you have achieved your goal with this child in an adult body. Hardly works, lived at home with the parents till you allowed him to move in with you. He lost his license and you are the mom driving him to sober practice, cept that this naughty naughty boy sneaks out the back door, while you sit in the car.

Your love, time and money is not going to turn him into the hopeful fantasy of the guy you want. You are not that powerful. None of us are. He's living his life as he see fit to do. When is it time to send him home to his birth mom?