Thread: court tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

court tomorrow

tomorrow is the pre-trial conference for the criminal charges against me. i attempted last week to get housing at the domestic violence shelter in my town and was told that because i have pending assault charges against me (despite my explaining the entire story and despite finding information from the coalition against d.v. that victims are arrested all too frequently) they can't provide me housing at this time with victims of dom violence since technically i am the perpetrator. yeah. that's right. this is my state and my town. totally f'ed up.

good news is that ah got crazy on sunday in front of witnesses and i recorded it all and it will just further show that he lied to the cops and created this whole fiasco. i also hope that it will be useable in the custody battle that is sure to ensue once the criminal case is over.

anyway, keep me in your thoughts if you would tomorow. the news of my being arrested continues to be republished online and in local newspapers in my hometown and the town i work in and because of that my employer has backed away some from the supportive stance they took initially when they figured it wouldn't be a huge deal (bc it shouldn;t be and normally wouldn't be publicized like this but ah is clearly behind it). so, i'm on probation at work essentially whether i am found innocent or not and the best i have been told is that in june my boss and her boss will assess the damage (the reputation of the organization i guess is being tarnished bc of having me there and having this news constantly republished) and review my employment. i am not hopeful for the long term.

trying to take it one day at a time and focus right now just on tomorrow. i hope it will all be dismissed and then i can go about dealing with the divorce and custody.

ah threatened to tell the court i tried to "witness tamper" and admitted he'd lie if need be (and that's what i recorded). so, my lawyer has that recording and is planning to play it for the prosecutor tomorrow before court and assures me that it will be dismissed. we'll see.