View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bunkie65

Hopeless4now.....

Just sitting in meetings and listening to the strength, hope and experience will eventually trigger something inside you when your ready. My first 2 years it seemed all I did was cry and listen. I found a sponsor, she was my moms age; and I too am the youngest person in the meetings alot of the time. I was in so much pain and wanted answers NOW, how to make everything all better and learn how to make the love of my life stop drugging.... I just kept going and going to any meeting I could get to and in time things began to change in me. I always felt so much better after leaving a meeting, espically since I was going to be home and back in the chaos... it was the only thing that I got the courage to change the things I could...

Close your eyes in the meetings... lol they wont care they are not their to judge, tell you what you should do, there there to share what worked for them, where they are, where they are going and where they have been.... etc... you will hear what your ready to hear and change what you can when your ready.... be honest with yourself, and turn your will over to the care of God as you understand him, things will fall into place. Be patient with yourself and your progress.... we did not get where we are overnight and we are not going to change overnight... be gentle with you..... prayers