View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RedCandle

I am the youngest in ALL of my Al Anon meetings. I'm in my 20's. I think there are just very few of my peers who are either aware or interested in something like it (just my guess). At first it bothered me...but I've learned that while we might not all be the same AGE...our experiences are pretty similar.

I've done a lot of meetings shopping too. It was a little exhausting but now I have my "home group" and I love it! Take your time...no rush.

I didn't go down the therapist route but it sounds like you might be putting A LOT on your plate! Perhaps you could start by checking out a few meetings...see how that feels...then look into a therapist...go to a few sessions...then make a choice? (or the other way around?)

I think I walked into Al Anon with a very BUSY head full of thoughts, anxiety and a strong urge to fix my worried heart ant mind...NOW. Better to do it the best way for you...then to do it fast.

I also think I started rushing through the steps...

Last night I declared to another member I was beginning Step 4. She smiled, shook her head and just said, "Easy Does It, hang out on the first 3 for a little longer...go to meetings...write and ENJOY it...there's no need to "be" at any one step at any given time." So I put my book down and tonight...I'm just going to GO..and ENJOY.

Hope that helps...I understand how you feel. This is how I've managed...