Old 04-17-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
GirlFromCO

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
Six days later—a.k.a., last Wednesday—I'm stopped at a four-way intersection and — bam!—a woman drives into the back of my car. Pushes me into the SUV in front of me. Damaged worse than before.

I actually laughed when I called a friend to give me a ride home. It is always something. Just the week before I got a nasty surprise when I did my taxes. Life is full of unexpected surprises, good and bad. And when the bad surprises only involve stuff—a car, money, or anything else that can be solved with time, hard work, and patience—well, I have to count myself lucky.
Oh my gosh R&A, I didn't know about that part!

Thank all of you for posting in response... I feel sort of embarrassed now that I was so worked up about it but I'm glad I posted anyway because these are things I have desperately needed to hear for a while now.

I mean, the only reason we have to get the car fixed right now is because we live in the mountains, and that has been an incredible experience. Plus, it's a wonder this didn't happen before when we were broke and I was working in a very unsavory profession that I would have had to work twice as hard at... Or when my resolve not to go back to such a life was weaker than it is now.

We found out how much it was going to be today and 20 minutes later my husband texted me to say the tax refund had been deposited in our account. Gives me shivers now that I'm thinking about it - the good kind. And what the hell am I doing with a huge jar of change when there are people who could use it?? I should know that already, I used to be homeless and literally survived on other people's change. Now I'm hoarding it! What a dummy I am sometimes.

Thank you all again. Love you guys & SR. This truly is a special place and I mean that with all sincerity. This has helped me pry my head out of my butt tonight and that's a hard thing to do.