Old 04-17-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Amy2011

My kids say I am like a crazy person when I get upset; however, it usually passes quickily and we all laugh about my freakout. These days when I get really upset I pray and ask for guidance on what to do and how to act. I remind myself that as bad as it might seem it would be alot worse if I was drinking. I try to remember that because I am not drinking I am more rational and better equipped to handle bad things when they happen in life. I try to spin the situation and look for the positive in the situation. In your situation I would say at least I have the money to fix the car. In November my then 12 yr old daughter overshot the vault at gymnastics practice and landed on her head. She lost conciousness(sp) for a moment and injured her neck. I was so grateful to be sober at 6pm in the evening and to take her to the hospital. I was so grateful that she only had a neck sprain and not a broken neck. I was so grateful for recovery so I could be the mother my daughter deserved in that crisis. Before AA I would have played the victim and felt sorry for myself. I happily just paid the last hospital bill because my daughter is okay today. Life happens, sometimes it sucks, and you just have to ride it out. At least you won't wake up with a hangover tomorrow.