View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

I'm glad that you are finding relief by writing out your thoughts and feelings here. I believe that people move at a pace and in a way that is comfortable for them. Even baby steps are forward progress.

Self examination involves one very important word....."self".....otherwise they'd call it something else.

For me, there is nothing more irritating than someone else telling me what I should do or how they perceive me if I haven't asked them to. This is why the "anon" programs state clearly that we don't give advice....we share our own ESH (experience, strength and hope). I sit in my meetings and watch others give advice all the time. I read here and see others give advice all the time. I know they are trying to help. I also know that if they weren't just as sick as me, if they hadnt experienced the suffering that I have, they wouldn't be there. I find great compassion (unconditional love) for them in that. So I take what I need and leave the rest.....and believe me.....I leave a lot. And sometimes I don't leave it....I just store it for review later.

I always look at SR, meetings, therapy like mining expeditions. I have to dig through a lot of dirt to find a huge chunk of gold. And I have found that gold from people and sources that I have least expected it. Then I take that little chunk of gold (wisdom) back to my cave and examine it closely.

That is the best way I can explain my own recovery journey. And I share it with you.

Take what you need and leave the rest. I won't be offended.

gentle hugs
ke