View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Candie, he is drinking his insecurities away. It sounds like you have already left him in your mind. Or are you insecure about your sobriety too. My wife still drinks and is a normal drinker. That is her issue. I also quit smoking and don't preach that either. Because it is for each and no other can make those decisions for or against, nor should try. That does not sound like the case with you. When he does find out and your prediction of argument turns true will you have the strength then? I hope he does not find out by having it thrown in his face.

You have in essence said that you can't handle his can't handle response to your sobriety with AA.

At least you aren't trying to change him, or throwing it up in his face at this time. If he can't handle it at any time remember your sobriety is most important to maintain now.

If you are indeed hoping to see your ex then perhaps you should and see what you want there too. If you want where you are now, then your current one will have to make the same decision. There is a good reason folks say no relationships for a year or not to leave one, unless it is abusive.

You should know that from an alcoholic's perspective when their partners sober up they have left them. I am with the ones who said take him with you. If he is indeed happy you aren't drinking then he will have to come along and keep drinking, or trust you.