View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Stopdropburn
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Hi Cali. I'm confused.....you were taking the Suboxone AND Vicodin?? That's quite counter-productive....and both are opiates, so long as you were taking Vics, you didn't relapse, you weren't actually off them anyway. You mentioned nothing of how much of anything you were taking besides the Methadone, which you shouldn't be switching to if you're already on Subs. No one can give you actual medical advice here or tell you anything other than what you already know - which is stop playing doctor and get a doctor. Methadone is not something for people to play with, or self-medicate with...it's stronger than a lot of other drugs and has a higher potential for disaster and negative drig-interaction with other opiates. It can be in your system for more than 72 hours, and you're supposed to be in full withdrawal before introducing another drug like that. If you're trying to wean off, then mixing those 3 things is not going to make it happen....you need to be on one or the other, and I can say, as well as others will, Methadone is not something you easily wean off...Subs are far easier to taper on. But again, you need to not be mixing all those drugs unless you're trying to end up in the hospital or dead. Don't start Methadone if you have no reason to, it's the polar opposite of Methadone in a sense of how they interact - which is not well at all, unless you enjoy painful precipitated withdrawal. Good luck.