View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
changeschoices

Finally heard from the ex-fiance

After what I assume was a three-day bender with no word from him, he texted me last night saying he'll come move his stuff out of my house today. I was in the middle of some last-minute work I had to get done for a client and I texted him back and told him I didn't have time to text long texts about the details, that he should call me so we can make the arrangements about his moving out. He didn't call so after a while I called him and he didn't answer. I texted back and said, stop playing games and answer my call--unless you're drunk, in which case I don't want to talk to you. He never called, so I'm sure he was indeed drunk. In fact, from the sloppy text he sent me, I knew anyway.

He has nowhere to go but his brother's house and I'm sure that's where he was all weekend, and his family is furious with him for his drinking. They have repeatedly yelled at me for allowing him to drink in my house (yes, I did in the past, after being endlessly told he could "drink socially" and "just have a few beers", and being generally bullied). So this is my question: if his family hates his drinking and yells at ME for having let him drink in my home in the past, then WHY are they allowing him to move in with them and GET DRUNK?