Old 04-15-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by hardy View Post
Honestly, I want to go and this isn't me making excuses but I have a hard time being comfortable around anyone. I'm so depressed that I hate having people concerned for my well being. I won't be able to relax I know I'll be tense and feel stupid. The biggest issue is sleeping there. I have a history of sexual assault and while I'm not in need of help for it, it does effect how I sleep. I cannot sleep in a bed even at my house and I sleep fully dressed. Ill end u sleeping in a closet like a freak. Plus when I stop using, the nightmares return and I don't want to be screaming in some house like a crazy person. These things are normal to me and don't bother me unless I'm not alone.
hardy, don't let this keep you from getting help. You probably won't be the only one sleeping in the closet.
Believe it or not, we all feel to a large degree "uncomfortable around new people" "depressed" " don't like people fussing over us" "tense" and "stupid".
I HAD PRETTY WELL ALL THOSE FEELINGS TODAY AND I'VE BEEN SOBER OVER 22 YEARS !
Get into recovery and you'll find a room full of folks that think and feel just like you.

Wishing you well.

Bob R