View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Change4good

Originally Posted by behindblueyes View Post
I have been reading this page for years. I actually got out of bed to type this due to massive panic attacks and the "doom" feeling. I quit drinking and joined AA in my town after a major accident. I was walking home while intoxicated. I decided to leave my car at the bar to avoid a DUI. I was getting off the road while walking because an ambulance was coming down the street during a snow storm Feb 12th. I was off the sidewalks since they were solid ice and the roads were salted here in PA.

The medics claim I slipped and fell on the road. I sat up to get up and was hit by an suv coming the other direction. I remember none of this. I was thrown 10 feet into the air, lifeflighted, and to this day the driver still hasn't been found after he fled and left me there to basically die.

I am alive. I swore off drinking after that incident. Believe it or not, I have been told it was an off duty cop that hit me. That triggered my relapse after 3 weeks and fighting the local police in my area. I have been called a loser, a nobody, plus the tape from the ambulance that records everything magically "disappeared" from the dashboard.

I refuse to let this bring me down. I have to quit. I can't take the daily life of being drunk. I have benzos on hand but I know you shouldn't mix them with alcohol. I have a third degree concussion from the accident and post concussion syndrome plus seizures and PTSD. I should not be drinking. I limit myself to one an hour. I am still having panic even on that. I can't call for an ambulance to detox because that same company is the company that destroyed the tape, plus my local police will show up. Thoughts? Thank you for reading.
Goodness Blue, I wish I lived closer and I would come get you. Is there anyone you can reach out to? It sounds like you are in a bad way. I wish I had better advice. Just know that I am holding you up in my prayers tonight. Deep breaths. I ended up in the ER with a panic attack, so I understand how frightening they are.

All this said, please don't monkey with you health. Detox can be well. . .you know. Do what you need to and worry about the "others" later if at all possible.