View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

How much do you understand of alcoholism and chemical dependency?

I found the more I understood about how every cell of the body becomes chemically addicted to the drug of choice, I understood how hard it was to simply walk away from the drug of choice. Alcohol is one of the few chemicals that can pass the blood/brain barrier. The brain becomes addicted to alcohol.

Right now your AH (alcoholic husband) is in the first few days of sobriety. He has to learn a whole new lifestyle. He needs to learn how to stop reaching for chemicals to avoid life. He needs to learn how to stop reacting to life and how to start responding to life as a sober/clean responsible adult.

His addiction to chemicals didn't happen overnight, and it won't be cured overnight.

The best person to help him right now is another person with more experience in recovery or a professional trained in addiction.

The best person to take care of you right now - is a trained professional or someone with more experience in recovering from an alcoholic relationship. That is what we can help you with. We understand. You are not alone.