Old 04-14-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Smile

Originally Posted by WarriorQueen View Post
I have been attending AA for 2 days (3 meetings, my 4th is soon.) And I'm a little lost. What do I do?
Being a little lost can be used to your advantage if you're willing to cut yourself some breaks. I was the same way when I first entered the rooms and what I learned was to not talk myself into a corner.

The idea here is of course we are attempting to be open and honest and put our best selves forward and so sometimes we say whatevers, or explain things out that on hindsight we would want to be otherwise.

Give yourself room to re-visit whatever it is you're sharing. Let others know your just starting out and not everything you say is written in stone. Let yourself and others understand you're learning to get things right with living sans alcohol.

Nothing is worse then trying to live up or live down something we've said or didn't say and its taken or given in a way that works against us in early sobriety.

Give yourself the room to re-explain yourself. Being rigorously honest is a learned skill. Don't sweat it when you want to say it better. Just do it, and move forward.

Great to hear you're asking for help along with helping yourself, a winning combination!