Old 04-14-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
IAmAbstinent

Replacing drugs with sweet foods...

So I have been finding now I dont take drugs and dont have the opportunity that my mind screams out for some kind of pleasure as my life is very drab otherwise. I wake up work, sleep. Thats about it.

I really disagree with what trimpey says about having other rewarding activities not solving your drug issues. I mean my mind craves stimulation from somewhere. I guess he says you should still solve your life problems once you are abstinent which I guess would cover this issue too.

In the interim I've been finding myself eating fatty foods and sweet foods a bit more just so my mind can have some sort of feelgood. Im sure this is still alot less than most ppl have in their regular diet but still after having a cpl of fillings and putting on weight easily -in the past- I'd like to replace it with more productive things longterm.

Im only talking like a fatty meal or a cake every cpl of weeks. So not crazy binge eating or anything.

Playing my instrument has really been great for one thing on the long term front.

The issue is that the other things in my life arent really proving fruitful at the moment and its nearly all just a daily grind. My business is going extremely slowly not turning any profit. Social life is pretty non existent.

Now you can do all the 'beast wordplay' you want saying that my beast wants the stimulation and not me but it doesnt get rid of the pervasive pain of lack of mental stimulation.

Ive generally been thinking that eating some sweet/fatty foods now and then is a 'lesser evil' offering me a little respite while I keep on keeping on with my other productive endeavours until they yield the fruits of labour and thus become rewarding in themselves.

Generally in life I find, unsurprisingly, that the most rewarding things take the most effort, which is fine, but what do you do when you are working at several very difficult things simultaneously which may be rewarding someday in the future but currently compound on each other to make everything seem like a slog? I think there has to be 'pitstops' along the way.

Thoughts?