Thread: Rock Bottom?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 08:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
BlueMoon
once in a . . .

Originally Posted by upintheair View Post
. . .I do want to know what I'm in for. . . .
this is SOME of what I'm going thru :

Everything I listed in my previous post - minus the driver's license that he lost 5 years ago - has happened in the last 6 months.

he spent thanksgiving in jail instead of with son + g-daughters
lost the best job he's ever had
5 days in the local psych ward then back to jail
had to stay in jail all of December . . .
got out Jan 4th + was drunk again by Jan. 30
spent Feb. + Mar. "really trying" but couldn't stay sober more than 10 days at a time
got drunk Mar. 31 and got arrested again - prob'ly in jail til the end of the month - IF he's lucky - he's facing a 4 year prison term due to still more drunken stupidity.

When he's sober but wants to be drunk he lies and he steals - doesn't matter if the rent needs paid, if groceries need to be bought, if medication is needed . . . doesn't matter who he's lying to or stealing from . . . ALCOHOL comes first.

This man is SO LOVED and RESPECTED - by the AA community as well as non-AA peeps. He once had 7yrs sober. He was often asked to be the speaker at different AA events. Sober, he is THE most awesome man ever. Drunk? Well, drunk he's in jail.

I'm learning all sorts of legal tems and procedures that I'd really rather not know about. commissary, probation, revoked, lock down . . . that 30 days in county REALLY means 24 days, 4 yrs REALLY means about 18 months . . . I've learned how to call the Psych ward . . . the Clerk of Court, the District Attorney, the Public Defender, County Seriff, the Jail and get information . . . I know how to put money on his commissary account, on the special phone acct your need for him to be able to call . . . I know the visitation rules - days - times . . .

NOT saying all alcoholics are like this. I wasn't. I'm just that this is what's happening in my little corner of the world.

One last thought - just because you make a decision today, does not mean that you can't make a different decision tomorrow. I will love my husband forever. But my decision to stay is on a daily basis.

Blue