View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Seemee

So much more than just my addict.

I'm posting this because I'm at the end of my rope and I just don't know what to do. My fiancee is addicted to opiates. He prefers vicodin but will take methadone when it's available to him on the streets. I'm doing everything I can to help him live life but he's not my only problem.

My biggest problem is his family. Let me give you a little background, his sister and her husband are addicts. They are his suppliers and his problem and on top of it the husbands entire family sell drugs. The drugs are only a phone call away and a couple blocks walk/drive. The sister is pregnant and still using. They have been kicked out of their house because they can't make rent. They lost their jobs, car, home and self respect. They currently live with my future in-laws in a 2 bedroom apt with their 2 children. I've brought the addiction and enabling to my in-laws attention but it doesn't matter because the son-in-law is God's greatest gift to humanity. They even say what a great dad he is when he's passed out from methodone use. They think I'm the bad guy and I'm just controling my fiancee. I know better than that because I'm the only person who seems to care for their children and gradchildrens well being. So my real issue is, when he relapses and I have to kick him out, do I send him to the house or horrors? Ive asked his sister several times over the past 3 years to stop getting him drugs but she doesn't. I'm tempted to call child protective services on her because she's drugging her unborn child and doing tremendous damage to her existing children. Who knowingly gets pregnant when they can't afford their lifestyle as it is. I just don't know what else to do I'm in a position where I'm fighting an entire family and it's a losing battle when their own parents don't care their children are killing themselves.
I'm going to start naranon meetings on Sunday but I don't think that will help me in getting an entire family straight. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.