View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Krystal32

Wow, I am EXACTLY where you are right now. I have the same exact triggers with my fiance and he's only been clean for 3 months which is great but I still feel like everything that happened in the past is an open wound for me. When he goes to the store and is gone a little longer then normal I start to get very anxious, when I see him texting someone right away I get that uneasy feeling in my stomach. It's hard not to feel that way when it's all you've known for so long. I'm like you, I will be doing just fine for a while and then all it will take is one little thing and I start stressing. This is how I know I need to get myself to a meeting and I'm actually going to an alanon meeting tonight. I have had the hardest time learning how to focus on other things and not him but I'm starting to work on it

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you, it's nice knowing there are other people who are going through the same thing you are. I hope things start to get easier for you and hopefully one day you can squeeze in some time for a meeting. Good luck to you!

Krystal