View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blindsided08

he's finally seeking counseling.

for those of you who know my story, thanks for listening. for those who don't, in as few words as possible I have been with my boyfriend for 6 years now, since early high school. in December he revealed his addicted to heroin and went to detox for three days..since then he has been clean and sober. he has mentione counseling many tomes, but i think was scared to go. he is finally after 4 months enrolling in counseling to try and deal with his demons, which I'm extremely proud of. problem is, he is shitting me out. I have read countless posts about that being the best for a recovering addict, so they can focus solely on recovery..but after 6 years with someone that is soooo difficult. Im just not sure how to be there or continue bein his girlfriend if he isnt going to allow me to be there..says he still wants to be together, but needs some time && space. I'm starting my own set of counseling and have ordered three books to read, it just feels like so much going on and I'm beginning to lose strength. thanks again or listening.