View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pigtails

Originally Posted by jobei View Post
Intense Pigtails! Dreams are so interesting... I remember when I was a kid my dreams were SO vivid and real that I often woke up thinking they had really happened. Definately became more and more rare when I started to go to bed drunk every night. Being sober now they are returning more and more frequently. That deep REM dream sleep is REALLY good for your body... alcohol most certainly disrupts it.

Isn't it a warm and fuzzy feeling when you wake up and realize it was JUST A DREAM? I've had several of those dreams since I quit where I thought I blew it. The last one I had I was at the store buying booze and chewing tobacco (which I've never used). At the checkout I got mad at myself and told the guy I only wanted the chew and he could keep the booze! Was a strange dream...

Hard to analyze dreams... maybe all those wrecks and people were ghosts of those that have succumbed? I have no clue.

Thanks for the post take care today!
Yes, my dreams are always very vivid and to top it all off I have adult night terrors, which aren't dreams due to the stage of REM sleep but it's like my brain actually thinks the dreams/nightmares are happening and so I scream or act them out etc. I think I have a very overly active imagination ha ha. I am trying to work on a plan to decrease my anxiety (they are anxiety-related... kind of like panic attacks that happen at night, I get all sweaty and my heart beats ridiculously fast and I'm all freaked out) and increase the quality of my sleep so that I don't have as many night terrors. The dreams are creepy but I guess they do remind me of the benefits of staying sober!! Kind of like a warning not to relapse and a taste of how it would feel.