View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lucylestrange

Day 2 and That Voice

Sunday night was my last binge. I feel fantastic today...I guess I have no idea if the alcohol is still in my system or if my detox won't be as bad as others I've read about. I took my daughter to school today without feeling like death, smiled sincerely and drove home happy.

Last night I had a lengthy discussion in my own head with my addict, who wanted to point out how difficult it will be to enjoy the spring and summer weather on the newly remodeled porch and the back yard once the pond/fountain is fixed because drinking goes hand in hand with those places. I realized that voice is using excuses, twisting perfectly normal situations into must-drink situations to feed it's addiction. I told myself that people grill out, have friends over, play with the kids, play croquet....there are tons of things to do in the warmer weather that don't require alcohol. Which is not to say it won't be tempting, and I'm not even sure I can beat that voice but as of today I feel like I made a decent step in addressing that voice that wants me to give up, that counts on my finding comfort in old habits.