Thread: 30 Days Today!
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 04:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
atimeofchoice

30 Days Today!

Today begins day 30 free of opiate abuse and I am so humble and grateful.

In the first days of posting about my addiction and commitment to recovery (peppered with some whining as well) I was told repeatedly that I COULD do this, that I WILL feel better and to keep leaning on the experiences of others. All I can say is you were all so, so right and I am now at the longest stretch of sobriety in more than 8 years.

Physically, I feel pretty great. Funny how those chronic conditions now seem to be easily managed with some Tylenol (with a couple of exceptions). Emotionally, I'm able to actually deal with problems and understand that I don't have all the answers without flipping out. Life is far from perfect, but I see now it was so much worse while using. I'm living a flawed life, but it's mine and it's precious to me. Corny, but true.

Among the many pep talks I give myself - sometimes every couple of minutes - I settle on three words that deeply underline my resolve: "Know Your Worth". It began with finally realizing that I am worth the effort and struggle of sobriety. Today I know that I am also worth its reward.

A big thanks to everyone....I appreciate you all so much!

-A