View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
lizatola

I just wanted to comment on the NA beer stuff. My AH is currently drinking the NA stuff. He got cited for a DUI about 8 weeks ago and has quit drinking since but he started with the NA stuff about a week ago. He had been sober for the first 15 years of our marriage and used to drink NA beer and wine and I didn't think a thing about it.

He started mixing NA beer and the real stuff about 2 years ago, without my knowledge. So, of course, I am concerned that he is drinking it again now. One thing he said that set off a red flag to me is his reason for drinking the NA stuff. He said it's because he likes the 'feel' of the cold beer glass, the feel of pouring the beer, etc. so right there is a reason to wonder if the NA stuff is really going to meet their needs forever when it comes to drinking. I am sitting on the fence currently about trusting him. I don't think he'll go to the real stuff any time soon, there's too much on the line with the court system, etc but I have no idea what will happen after the fallout from the DUI. And, he was sober for 15 years: once an addict, always an addict.

Wicked said it best: it's a slippery slope and my AH proved that with the NA stuff, even though it took 15 years!