Thread: Trust
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Adventure

Originally Posted by AskingForHelp View Post
Adventure: then why stay?
Hi AskingForHelp

Thanks for the question - it's a good one. I made a decision at Christmas (let's call it a New Year's Resolution), to get myself mentally and physically ready to leave. In almost every way my AH and I are already separated. We live under the same roof, and 95% of the time that is it. We share a mortgage, and a few bills and nothing else. Obviously AH still doesn't see this and as I am still in the house probably thinks there is still a chance (unfair on both of us in a way I suppose). As far as I am concerned there is nothing left in the relationship, and hasn't been for a long time.

I honestly can't explain why it is taking me so long to take that final step of leaving - if I understood it I'd probably have fixed it by now and be long gone. What I do know is that over the last few days (which I've spent with family, away from AH), I have felt an overwhelming sadness. In my head I feel that this is me realising that the end for us is almost here, but who knows.

Thanks for the question - unfortunately it is one I ask myself nearly every day. If anyone could shed any light it would be great.

Adventure