View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Sorry to hear that Sasa...

I can tell you this......every time something like that has happened to me.....I was at fault.

I don't buy the "it was a cult" stuff. I mean, maybe it was......but that's not been part of my experience.

Sometimes, as another post brought up, my "honest questions" should be brought up at another time. Sometimes my natural defiance has me questioning things just to question them.....to "test" ppl. Sometimes my questions are somewhat "aggressive" in nature. Usually......there's some form of me being a pain in the a$$ and "they" ask me to leave.

I'm an AA guy so one of the practices I try to live by is this: if something is bothering me, the problem is within ME. Am I remorseful cuz I know I was "screwing up" or taking the easy way out? Did I cut corners? Was I kind and loving to "them" all the time? Did I expect things to go my way all the time? Did I think I could do what I wanted to do even though "they" didn't appreciate it? etc.....

As I identify things I could have done better / differently......I get to a place where I can understand where they were coming from more easily. Then, can go make amends and.....from there......decide if I want to be part of that group or not. --to be a group there have to be soooome kinds of rules (and I'm a noooootorious rule-bender/breaker).