Old 04-09-2012, 12:51 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
ShaneW

Silver - everyone must take their own path, and I wish you luck on yours. I also was bored at night a lot in the beginning. That time was when I would go on beer runs and then settle in for a night of binge drinking & scarfing down foods while hammered. So, naturally, I had to change my routine or else I probably wouldve let the boredom drive me to drink. Again, this is just my experience. Changing routines, stepping outside of my comfort zone...2 things that kept me on the right path.

Some people here suggested bowling leagues or softball team, they are at night. Maybe join meet up dot com and let your interests find you some groups that meet near you.

Lastly...I was against going to a meeting in the beginning...it was outside of my comfort zone, so while in my newly sober fragile state, I wanted to stay comfortable. The people here on SR would suggest meetings to me as I posted at night during those first 12 days, about how I was struggling or just bored. Eventually I came to realize...I had absolutely nothing to lose by giving a meeting a try, so why not go? Im glad I did. Again, everyone must take their own path. Good luck on yours...keep posting!