Old 04-08-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by californiapoppy View Post
I will make a big plan, but I do want to finish reading and understand completely what this is about.
Careful, though, because your addictive voice is already attacking, setting up a scenario whereby you can put this off forever until you understand everything.

I have already gone through promising myself that I won't ever drink again... I also thought that I always honored my promises, so I promised myself I would never drink again. That one didn't work and it sort of shook my foundations, I don't believe myself anymore.
The AV will necessarily inject doubt and undermine your confidence, so to get around that, with AVRT, we set our confidence level for lifetime abstinence arbitrarily at 100%, and recognize all self-doubt as the AV itself.

If I think on the lines of AVRT, it was Mrs Hyde doing was Mrs Hyde needs to do? Where was Dr Jekyll? Dr Jekyll was convinced she was Mrs Hyde...
Precisely. There you go, you're getting it.

I'm going to need to do a lot of reading and rereading to really grasp this, it seems like second nature to you.
AVRT builds upon itself as you use it. At first, there is a bit of a learning curve, and it takes some thought and effort, but it quickly builds momentum. By all means, read the materials, and this thread, but don't assume that you have to wait until you understand everything to get started. I can help clarify some things, but most of the learning will happen after you take the plunge, by observing your own thoughts.