Old 04-08-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Squizz

Furthermore, what do I do for fun on the weekends? Relax. Because that's something I could NEVER do when drinking and using drugs. And it works. Between working, the gym, and all the meetings I go to, I don't have much time to relax, so when I do get a chance, I do so.

Not waking up at 11am everyday helps with that too. Living according to a type of routine is very useful for the recovering addict.

I remember thinking in rehab: "Why do they make us make our beds every morning? What does that have to do with staying sober."

Now, I look at it differently. It has EVERYTHING to do with staying sober. We are not disciplined people by nature. So instead of sleeping in on weekends, get up early, workout, read a book, go for a walk, etc., etc.

What did you used to like before getting too heavily involved with partying? Start taking up those activities. I watch tons of boxing, MMA, wrestling, sports, etc. Why? Because that's the sorta' stuff I was into prior to getting into the party lifestyle. Right now, I'm listening to a Detroit Tigers game as I type this.