View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 03:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Windmills

I agree with KE. The day I left, nothing huge had happened. I found 'evidence' he was smoking crack, but I'd known for a few days after he disappeared on a 4 days bender and spent all our money and made no plans. Finding the 'proof' just flipped me over the edge and I decided enough was enough, I had to go. This was 31/10/2011. I now pray everyday for a higher power to help him with the anger and bitterness in his heart. I'd like to say I never looked back, but I won't. It's been a very difficult struggle, I've considered going back many times. Reading and posting on SR, attending meetings and reading books has helped me keep my sanity. I'm not going to lie and say its easy, but today I am glad that I don't have to deal with his ****. It's Sunday morning here, and I'm glad I'm not wondering where he's got to for the past 3 days, or trying to keep the baby quiet so he can sleep. Today I'm grateful for the little bits of peace and serenity filtering into my life. It's amazing to be away from the chaos. The money situation is different for me as I'm in the UK, so I won't share about that.
I'd never give advice, I can only share my experiences of leaving an addict. Like KE says, for me one day the pain and fear of staying was greater than the pain and fear of walking away.