Old 04-06-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Leemzer

Thanks everyone. I am feeling stronger and stronger from it. I remember this the last time I was sober for 10 months. Every 3 day weekend, every holiday, every everything in life that I accomplished sans alcohol was a huge achievement. The Lortab are the same way, though luckily I do not crave them as I don't crave alcohol. I guess I am lucky not to crave, but experience has shown me that in the past I become complacent with that and convince myself that I can moderate.....which I CANNOT. I feel really good about this, like it was a nice slice of sunshine to pocket for times in which I feel weak...I can look back and say, hey man, when you were 11 days into recovery you returned 120 pills that were a paritial bane to your existence. Surely you can make it through TODAY. STAIRS--I agree with you, it was almost like a test....at least I am going to view it that way...and I passed! Fear of the pills was healthy....fear can be a very good thing as well as a healthy respect.....I am learning more and more there are just things EACH of us in this life CANNOT do...For example, I love cats but am highly allergic to them. I cannot be ANYWHERE near them...but I can have peanuts and others can die from a peanut allergy...I am going to have to view drugs and alcohol like this----I'm just one of the people who CANNOT do them....no need to get pissy or disappointed about it. They are no different than the "cats" in my life......thanks for all the support everyone...I am feeling stronger every day. I will really try to give back to this board in return. I am a pretty insightful person and get more so the more sober I get (at least I have in the past)..so hopefully I can be a rock for someone else one day as many of you are for me today. I am feeling the community love and support!
Leemzer