Old 04-06-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Leemzer

OK, so guess what was in MY script bag???

Hey all,
So I have been sick since I got sober a mere 11 days ago. Allergies are terrible down in the South and I have terrible sinuses as well. I can feel a sinus infection coming on so I go to my (*unnamed*) pharmacy to pick up my prescription for amoxycillin. Guess what is in my bag?

I drive home (no longer a short drive, I have just moved), open the bag and find a GIGANTIC bottle of Lortabs. 10 Mg Lortabs. Brand name Lortabs. In addition to drinking I have been taking those for 4 years now, about 50mg a day. Every day. Until only March 27th, 1 day after I quit drinking.

Yikes.

I called the pharmacy and told them I had Theresa X's prescription, not mine. They were quaking. I told them I was a long way from the store and would have to bring them back tomorrow. I got off the phone and realized that was NOT in their best interest or MINE. I took them back.

The pharmacist was literally shaking as he gave me my prescription, had filled another I had not asked to be filled for yet, and gave me a $50 refund on the pharmacy.....

I know these things don't happen at all and jobs were probably on the line. But my LIFE was on the line. Why not give a suicidal person a loaded gun. Jesus, 10 days sober from Lortab, 11 for alcohol, and I get 120 brand name Lortab.

If that is not self restraint I am not sure what is.......I will pocket that HUGE portion of self control for when I need it.

I wonder what % of the US population of addicts like me, fresh in recovery, would do the same?

But I can tell you this. I was NOT safe with that bottle in the house tonight.....they had to get the H*LL out of here........

So there ya go. Can I get a big, sweaty wheeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww?!