View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Pigtails

I think this happened for a reason. Perhaps you needed to admit out loud to your husband and friend that you have this problem so that you can't be in denial and they will help support you rather than enable you.

I'm glad the woman from AA texted you and I'm glad you're going to the meeting. Let us know how it went. It's awesome of her to be there for you, and it's awesome of you to go.

I remember that sinking feeling of wondering whether I've disappointed people and whether they are mad at me based on my behavior or their perception of me etc. Thank you for reminding me where I came from so that I don't have to go back there. You don't have to either!! You can make a new start and keep going forward in a better direction. There is so much more to life than drugs, alcohol and bars. Go and find it for yourself. In sobriety I'm learning to do the right thing for myself and others, and to not care about what they think of me as long as I know I'm doing the best thing for myself, and I never have to worry about that sinking feeling anymore.

Best wishes to you in your journey.