Old 04-06-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Nirvana1

Originally Posted by lilactree View Post
Once again, Sapling, I'm being as clear as I can. I am not deliberately doing 'part of them', or doing them unlike it says in the book. I am not doing them 'half-arsed'...lol. The *only* reason I've discontinued, is because my sponsor has been AWOL. I'm not exactly supposed to do them on my own, as you know.

Anyway, it's funny. I can't help but notice that the resistance I get from AA members, when I even simply, politely try to bring up my concerns....is very much like the resistance I got from my (largely alcoholic) family when I tried to tell them I had a drinking problem in the first place.

Touched nerves, automatic defenses, denial, unwillingness to listen, hostility, anger that I might introduce something they didn't want to examine themselves. In other words, na na na, I can't hear you! Don't want to listen to you! How dare you!

Sorry, but I don't need that. And don't see how it helps anyone. On either side.
Would you rather all of us tell you "you're right, just give up."?

Just like others, I'd like to point out that you've put in a lot of work but have found reasons not to do the actual hard work of the 12 steps. After going to meetings for one year, you are still blaming an "irresponsible" sponsor when it's clearly very easy to ask someone else to take you with the steps. You can literally do that in one day and start the steps correctly but yet you have found a million reasons why everyhing is not working for you.

How's that for a straight answer?