View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dorothymeem

childrens emotions dealing with the AH

New here and obviously long story short. I go to a domestic violence group as well as my 10yo. 10 yo also sees school counselor. My adult children have cut off contact with the exah (one completley, the other has minimal contact every few months via phone or text) bc he harrasses them, stole things from them and verbally assualted me many times with a few incidents of physical also in their presence.

Our divorce is recent with PBT's before and after visitation. So what's an AH to do except quit drinking so they can pass the test or visitation is off. Last visit he pulls up and has a fullblown seizure in the driveway, appeared to stop breathing, very blue, very scary and my 10 yo witness to it as well. Taken by ambulance, refused treatment at hospital and actually called me to come pick him up, which I did not.

5 bottles of vodka found in his car; pint of vodka, visine, and PFT machine found in his pocket by EMT's.

I do attend AlAnon but right now the what we cant control and other slogans just aren't cutting it for my mental health. Have filed an emergency hearing to change to supervised visitation and am hopeful but at last court hearing, the record of police runs, his threat of suicide meant nothing wrt lessening visitation.

I put up boundaries but I am so disgusted with how his abuse still controls our family and need ideas/tips to deal with that. It affects all of us wrt job and school performance, feeling of safety, etc

Thanks