View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

I spent some time helping a local organization educate parents through the school system, educate the administrators as well. Sadly I don’t know how much hope I hold for our children and I say that in dealing with the parents. All the money put into drug education, where is it for parental education… maybe we are finally seeing a glimpse of that with these commercials aimed at the parents.

This is an extremely tough subject for many, especially the parent just finding out and the fear has them paralyzed as the morbid death thoughts are running in their head. And they go right to secrecy because no one talks of this. It takes so long for many parents to get past their fear and hopes and dreams for their child and just let go and by the time they do relationships are destroyed and the damage has been long since done.

This subject I am hugely passionate about, and it is the children.
How do you teach the what not to do’s….because there may not be a right way but them wrong ones are all decked out in flashing neon lights!

The dynamics rarely deviate and everyone jumps right on that insanity train because of who THEY are, not because of the child addicted to drugs.

It is so subtle how each reaction teaches them. We make them smarter, we make them more manipulative. Yeah there may be some kids out there who have this in them but most don’t we teach them so much of what we don‘t like about them…we teach them to be the best addict they can be and sadly sometimes that starts way before the drug enters the picture.
And every single rescue, that breather is our worst mistake. Now they get time to think it out, accept the horror show, some time to learn a way around what initially made them uncomfortable…How do you learn your actions are hurting you when everyone around is fighting to take your pain away?

And it isn’t a blame thing … the kids can’t use their parents enabling as a reason why they stayed sick and we can’t use their addiction, nor love to justify our actions. But for any good to happen, for any health to be found we have to heal ourselves and take responsibility for our actions for us…no one but us so we can learn.

To Kindeyes…
Very true about the not helping. I was flat out told some of us love our children. (hmmm yeah I see that love to death you got going on) And if I hear one more time you don’t know what we have gone through ... you mean what you choose to go through?