View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TotesBro

Yea, I'm new here

I figured I'd give this a go. I used to be a very functional drunk who accomplished a lot in numerous facets of life. More and more, I began to realize that I have been spinning out of control. For someone who used to be a fun and nice drunk, I've become a crazy and out of control drunk (not mean, just blackout stupid). For someone who used to accomplish so much, I've started accomplishing very little. For someone who used to not get hangovers, now I get horrible ones where I don't feel that bad, I just feel really anxious and depressed. For someone who used to have money, I'm now broke. For someone who ____, I ____. You name it. I've been a moderate to heavy 'most days' drinker for a few years, and figured out it's time to stop.

So I figured I'd give this a whirl and join, to read the stories of others who have similarly been in a bad situation. I know I can turn this around, and I believe I can do it fairly quickly, but not necessarily easily. Anyway, just figured I'd introduce myself. Cheers (water of course) to today.