View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I too wish that more info was out there in TV commercials, billboards, etc

I was 3 years sober when I was instructed by my sponsor to GET YOU BUTT TO ALANON NOW, lol

It was the best thing I could have done for me at the time. And coming up on 31 years sober and clean and 28 years in Alanon, I have to say I attend more Alanon meetings than AA meetings now, lo

At 9 years sober and clean I started seeing a Psych Dr and was FINALLY diagnosed as Bi Polar. I saw her pretty regularly for 5 years, and when she passed away I found another Psych Dr that I still see periodically. I see her when my medications for my Bi Polar seem to need 'tweeking' and I see her when I feel like I am headed for 'trouble' or am already in trouble, ie the mess it was turning out to be with a very old BF and she helped me tremendously to see that yes in fat i was starting to enable him and apparently on our first go round when I was 19, 20, and 21 I did also. And yes, he is a practicing alcoholic. It only took me 10 months this time, lmao not the 2 1/2 years like the first time.

With me my addiction to alcohol and drugs no longer seem to be a problem. However, my addiction to 'enabling' can be and is once in a while. Whether it is with my daughter and s-i-l, my grand kids, gals I am sponsoring both in AA and Alanon and even my 'friends' and/or neighbors, rofl Even on these boards!

J M H O but for me 'enabling' is an addiction.

Love and hugs,