Old 04-03-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
KelleyF

Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Of course he made all the arrangements and paid for it all etc. etc. I'm sure he'll give you the weeks pay to get of work. He wants you to go and he'll do whatever he can to make his will happen. You get down to California and there will be a house waiting there for you to move into. The very house your boyfriend says he does not want, in the state he does not want to be in.......but that is a minor detail. His voice is nothing more than an annoying insect buzz in his dad's ear, to be swatted and killed.

Of course your boyfriend is pissed. His dad is arranging for a couples retreat with a girlfriend (not a wife) to a place he does not like, in a state he does not like, without so much as running it past him. That would tick anyone off. Normal parents would never over step a line like that and normal adult children would not tolerate that.

Boyfriend ran away from his dad. You brought his dad back into his life. His dad has now brought you over to his side. You and him (the dad) are like a team now?! You say your boyfriend is being illogical. Are you listening to your boyfriends voice or just swatting that buzzing sound?

How exactly is this crack addict supposed to recover without a voice, without any space at all to get right with himself? He needs to stand still a minute but the rest of you keep spinning his world around like a top. If I had a crystal ball your boyfriend will either crash and burn very soon, or do another disappearing act. No man will be able to live under these conditions forever.

I appreciate your comments Thumper.

Even though BF dad set up the couples therapy; it doesnt mean we have to go.
If we decide not to; then either he just loses the money, or he gets a refund.

I dont think BF will go back to his house in CA. He has some bad memories there. He has made it quite clear to me that he wants to get rid of it.

Didnt have much choice but to bring his dad back into his life. Me and his friend had to make the decision when he was unconsious in hospital and the Drs asked about immediate family; beccause at one point the Drs thought his heart would stop and the ywouldnt be able to revive him. He had this heart infection that we didnt know about at the time. We thought his dad needed to know. I stand by that. I dont know if you are a parent, but I would hope that if your son was in that situation you would appreciate knowing his condition. Thats personal choice I know; but I had to follow my conscious as did BF friend.

BF not a crack addict; tried smoking it he said but didnt like it. First he snorted it (for a long time) but in the end for a few months he was shooting it. Probably worse than smoking crack. He got hooked on trying to push the dose as far as he could for the high. Very sick I know.

I hope he doesnt crash and burn; he has to learn to live with some level of stress. His dad wasnt always like this Im told. Im hoping; BF is hoping that he will settle down and ease up some soon. He's just a dad ; he is trying the best he knows how.