Thread: Ego?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
InsertNameHere
Random Guy

Wait how are we defining ego in this thread? According to my kindle's dictionary it is; a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance. That is what I thought ego was more or less. But from what I am gathering AA has a different deffinition or an additional one at least which is; a persons sense of seperation from the rest of the human race? I am not making a statment I am asking a question just so I don't **** anyone off.

I ask because as I stated before I tend to think very little of myself and in most situations have almost no self esteam, what little I do have is usually situational and has only been gained through continualy proving to myself and others that I can handle whatever the situation is well. At the same time I do have a very real sense of seperation from most people and am a self described weird *******. This is usually confirmed by anyone that gets to know me well. I have in fact been jokingly described as the weirdest person that someone has ever met. This coupled with my observations of people and knowing what i do about myself, has created this sense of seperation. So is that ego? I don't think of it as such, if anything it makes me more self concious, and for a long time deflated my sense of self worth. I am growing more and more comfortable with myself and my excentricities, but I would'nt call that egotistical.

Just curious which definition we were talking about here.