Thread: update
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Florence

Sometimes dreading what people might think is worse than just talking openly and I'm realizing that being humble and open about what's occurred is actually resulting in more support than I could've imagined. Ah might think he's screwing me and he is in man ways but his facade is being exposed bc of this in ways he and I never expected. Heading on in now to meet w my boss's boss. Wish me luck
Yes, this too. I will not protect him and sacrifice myself any more by keeping the secret of his abuse. I don't make it my business to tell people about him and his BS, but if it's pertinent to the situation, or if it comes up casually, I am 100% honest about the crap he pulled on me and how it affects me and our son. I've gotten more support than not.

IME, the people around me are really wary of "choosing sides" because of these relationship narratives that it takes two to tango and there are two sides to every story. When others hem and haw about it, I point out that yes, there are two sides to every story, but only one of them includes physical and emotional abuse, stalking, hyper-litigiousness, paranoia, a weird obsession with guns and weaponry, and rage, and it's not mine.