Old 04-02-2012, 01:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
stillsleeping

Originally Posted by kcola View Post
((AMY)) Im so sorry Amy.. sounds like youve been through alot and I didn't mean to sound disrespectful to your situation. I am glad you found something that made you decide to change your life for the better.

As for my friend.. he is just starting his path to hell .. he's NOT smoking daily yet; only like crazy on weekends.. he hasnt lost anything yet (only his fun personality).. he still has a full time job, a car, and a 25 foot sailboat he's been building for three years.. it was his dream to sail it, this year. He still knows well enough to stop on Sunday so he doesnt have drug hangovers at work. Its my only ray of hope he stil makes some rational decision.. . for now.

Its just so frustrating to be told in so many words....he gone, the drug has won, I need to give up and walk away. Wait!! he hasnt sold his soul to the devil yet!! I dont know what to do .. I hate this!!!!!!!

I would just kill for him call me up (like he use) and say "what's up chicken butt" . I miss him terrribly.
Hon I am so sorry that we're making you feel like there's no hope. That just isn't the case. I think I'm right in saying that everyone who's replied to you so far is a recovering addict, me included. So of course your friend isn't lost to you. We're recovering and so can he. I think what we're trying to tell you is that this is serious, and not to feel that because you can't say the right words to make him put down th pipe that this is in any way your fault. In your shoes I'd write him a shtload of letters and notes, leave them lying around, post them to his house. It's easy to walk away from someone who's talking, not so easy to screw up and throw away words thay've written. Keep reminding him of all the things you've done together, things yr doing today, signpost him to places like this, tell him how much you miss him and how his drug is taking him away from you. I don't know how much impact it'll have, but like I said, it's what I would do.

Have hope. People recover. And please please keep posting - we can be really supportive and will aleays be here xxx