Old 04-01-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
violet82

Been searching for answers...can you help me?

Hi everyone,

I've posted before here only once. It was in January when I tried to stop taking the Xanax to begin with. I've gone through hell. I know a lot of people say that but by God, its true.

I've basically been trying to stop taking Xanax for three months now, and I haven't had any progress. In January I went to an outpatient program and tried to deal with my anxiety issues there and I think I was making some progress but the cost was too much for me to handle and I couldn't afford to keep going. I had stopped taking the drug completely for a week and a half when my insomnia and anxiety crept back up on me and I couldn't sleep again. I went to see a sleep doctor after going an entire week on 9 hours of sleep. He told me to take the Xanax for a week strait and then start to take it every two nights off, one night on. I couldn't follow through with that regime and basically now I've been taking it for the last 3 weeks strait.

This drug has a very strange effect on me that I haven't read about elsewhere, though. After I take it for a certain amount of time, it seems to damage my intestinal track somehow and I become so nauseated I can't eat and I lose a ton of weight. So I literally am killing myself by continuing to take it. I have to stop now, or its going to eat me away. I can't take ambien, or anything like that, either, I have extreme nausea and I throw up from it, so that's why I take Xanax, but it seems to produce similar results after prolonged use.

So, I dont know, I'm just so lost, scared and anxious out of my mind, exhausted, depressed..... I cant take it anymore. I can't take the lack of sleep, and the pills do more harm than good. They don't even get me to sleep anymore, only for a few hours and then I'm up again. It's infuriating. I have anxiety when I even think about sleep, so that makes trying to go to bed a nightmare in itself. I think I'm going to die from this drug. My sleep doctor doesn't know what to do for me. No one does. I feel hopeless, alone. What can I do? If I just stop taking the pills now, how long would my insomnia go on for? Can anyone recommend a good doctor in the Chicagoland area for help? I need help. Someone please help me. Please.