View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Threshold
Grateful to be free

There are people in and out of programs that want to stop, try to stop, but can't stop or can't stay stopped. People who have stopped and stay stopped theorize on why those who have not or cannot...do not.

Is it always a choice? And do people always have the tools and abilities to carry a choice to fruition once they make it?

People who have stopped and stay stopped HAVE been able to make the choice and carry it out. But do all people have that same ability to choose and then follow through?

Clearly a large number of people who want to stop, choose to stop, and stay stopped for awhile, then return to using.

And then those who have stayed stopped say "well, what they did wrong is not do what I have done...stay stopped"

That sounds to me like someone who is really successful in sports, finance etc, looking at those who tried and didn't make it to the big leagues or come out a billionaire saying that the problem is that those people didn't do what THEY did...they didn't succeed. Those people failed because they didn't succeed.

Is that always a choice?

Or are some unfortunate?

I don't know. I'm just thinking outloud.