View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 04:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
JustBreath

Originally Posted by nel68 View Post
JB, I am 91 days sober thanks to SR :-) In the beginning my cravings came hard and strong.... (makes me think of labor pains...lol.. breathe in & breathe out) I had to keep myself occupied right when I was getting a craving. I notice over time they got very weak, I get them.. but it last just a minute or two. If I get a strong one... I just tell my acoholic mind...STOP!..then I get myself busy with something. Hang in there, you are doing great!! 20 days awesome

Thank you for this! SR and the people it holds have been the only tools I have used to stay sober so far, utilizing the blog option to keep track, poking around, researching, and talking in chat.

Thank you Dee for the link! I have been reading up on somethings and I think I may just mix a few programs and see what best suits me. The thing is I just need to stop reading and actually DO something other than experiment on my own because like I said I am still young in recovery and don't know fully how this is supposed to work. I just know I can't pick up a drink.

At five months of sobriety I don't have cravings or obsessions. For the first month or so I would get them pretty bad, my mouth felt like sand and I was uncomfortable like I needed to scratch an itch under a cast. I don't work any kind of program. I'm just not a joiner of anything, except SR. Luckily, I am naturally a very spiritual person with deep honest relationships. This has helped keep me on the path. It has been a lot of work, some of it painful some of it joyful. Some sober friends of mine who are AA have seemed to imply that my sobriety is somehow inferior to theirs. I do not appreciate powerless misery and so I will certainly relapse directly. Maybe I'm just staying sober to prove them wrong but, hey, whatever works!

Gaffo HA! Yes! I think I am the same way 'a naturally spiritual person' but I hear about staying sober to prove them wrong. I get this competitive thought going on like 'Oh yeah?! You can't tell me what to do!' lol. As for 1 persons Sobriety being superior or inferior to another, isn't that kind of like saying 'my child is prettier than yours', or 'my life is better than yours'? I guess whatever keeps them from having a drink.

And RobbyRobot: :ghug3 Seriously, Thank You!

SR is this huge melting pot of beliefs, support, and understanding.
The people here are fantastic, driven, a bit crazy at times and exactly what I need.

Thank you all

Oh and Keepfinding2:

After about 2 weeks, you will no longer have any ever again.

Holding you to this

Thanks again everyone!

P.S Yes... I don't know how to quote different text in 1 reply so I know this post looks a mess.