Old 04-01-2012, 12:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kcola

Crack Cocaine addiction.. who can please help me understand?

I have already written one post earlier this week... but things are getting worse in my life. :o( I am very frusterated.. crack cocaine is sucking the life of one of my closest friends.. If you have ever "been there" or "done that" I would appreciate your input. I dont know where else to turn.

I am the friend of a person who is quickly becoming addicted to this drug.. He has been smoking for only a few months but I can already see the difference in his personality.

He was a happy, loving, good-natured person less than a year ago.. we use to have alot of fun.. Now, he is like a stranger. He'd rather stay home and play guitar (ignore me) when I visit. When we do go out.. he walks so fast I can hardly keep up. I tell him he is being rude.. he doesnt see it.

Im not his gf but Im his only friend... Ive known him 20 years. I do care about him. I hate what he is doing to himself but he wont stop.. if I try to talk to him he gets irritated and walks off. I fear in his mind, he doesnt even see me as his friend anymore. Is that possible after ALL weve been through? Will someone please give me some insite as to what might be going on in his head?