View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 08:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
desertsong
Choosing Life

I agree with Anna, journaling can be such a relief. Putting those feelings into words on paper somehow relieves the pain they cause. It's very cleansing. And getting things done is HUGE (Anna, you and I must be on the same wavelength ... I've already made my "list to do" for the day, lol). Keeping busy and getting myself out of my head helps a lot, especially when I'm doing things that are constructive. Today I'm spending some time with my kids and then doing a little spring organizing around the house. Not too much, just enough to make me feel like I accomplished something worthwhile today.

And it wouldn't be a bad idea to do something kind for yourself today too. Treat yourself to something you enjoy ... a favorite movie, a yummy treat, new shoes (that's my indulgence ), just something that will lift your spirits. PCL was right about us having to deal with our emotions eventually ... they don't go away. But they're just feelings and they only have the power we give them. The trouble with pouring alcohol on them is that it only gives those feelings MORE power.

Wishing you all the best. You can get through this.