Old 03-31-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
tjp613

I remember when I had to go no contact with an xabf that was way worse than your guy (and I dated that a** for 3.5 years!). But I was determined to get out of that hell hole once and for all. I remember that for about 6 weeks I was just kind of numb, or like I had severed a limb...I was in a LOT of pain....but I was determined. This guy was the type who would just step up the emails/phone calls/surprise visits at the door and it was HARD to delete w/o reading and delete voicemails w/o hearing....'cause there were TONS of them. But I did it. And I kept doing it....for TWO more years. Yep, you read that right, he kept trying to mess with my head for two more years. It really only took about 2-3 months for me to make it through that "tunnel of pain" once I learned the secret beauty of No Contact. It felt real, real good to be in control of my own life once again AND it gave me the satisfaction of the 'last word'....which was no word at all. It drove him crazy!! Every time I deleted an email or a voicemail it made me a little stronger....it fed that part of me that was struggling to be re-born, to be free.

All of that is the reason I am such a firm believer in No Contact.... I know from experience that it's very hard to do *at first*, but it is by far the quickest route to serenity.

I sure wish I would have had SR back then!!! It would have saved me about 3 years of hell.